Hey there, friends! I hope you all are having a wonderful day or evening and are taking it easy this weekend.
Last night, I had the privilege of attending the Stanley Korshak Shakiversary party to celebrate the store’s one year anniversary of being in its new space. Check out my recap of the festivities here!
Happy SHAKiversary, Stanley Korshak!
I had just as much fun at the party as I did getting ready, so I thought to share with you guys my outfit and makeup details with you all.
I decided to go with a dark brown, smokey and earthy look. I thought that the colors would marry well with my leafy green romper and tan accents
1. After applying my foundation and loose powder, I applied a bronze shadow all over my lid.
2. I then used an angled blush to apply a matte, dark chocolate-brown shadow on the outer half of my lid.
3. Next, I took a matte, medium shaded brown and applied it in my crease for definition.
Beauty Tip: After I applied the brown shadows to my outer corners and my crease, my bronze shadow was lost under the matte colors. Because I wanted my bronze shadow to pop more and brighten my eye, I re-applied the bronze shadow a little bit more with a smaller, angled shadow brush. The angle and small size helped to make my application more precise.
4. Once my shadows had set, I used black liquid liner on my eyelid to create a thick winged look. There are so many ways to create a winged liner look, so sound off in the comments or like this article if you would like for me to post a tutorial!
Beauty Tip: To make sure that your liquid liner won’t smudge, crease, or fade throughout the day or night, once the liner has dried, set it with a matching colored shadow! This will make your eyeliner last so much longer and maintain a fresh look.
5. I brushed and shaped my brows, and, to ensure that they stayed in place, I brushed them with a bit of clear brow gel. I filled my brows in with a mix of dark brown and black brow powder; dark brown alone would be a tad too light, and black alone would be too harsh.
6. Finally, I applied a red-brown liquid lipstick to go with the earthy look.
Now, let’s move on to the outfit details!
Romper: H&M | Blazer: Jessica Simpson | Shoes: Steve Madden | Purse: Ralph Lauren | Necklace: Forever 21 |
I simply can not get over this romper from H&M’s Conscious line- it’s so fun and perfect for the summer. Rompers are pretty tricky because you are basically wearing a top and bottom sewn together in one size, so you can’t pick and choose the size of the top and bottom. This, however, is the first romper that I have tried on and loved the fit. Not only is the tailoring close to perfect, this leafy romper is very comfortable! I added the tan belt to define my waist a bit more because without it, the romper appeared to be a straight cut. The addition of a belt to most outfits is a great way to quickly add some shape and provide the illusion of an hourglass figure.
My favorite part of this romper has to be the leaf pattern. It is such a fresh, fun look, and I think it could definitely be dressed up or down! For the party, I wore it in a more formal and dressy fashion, but I can’t wait to wear it again and try out a more casual look! I’ll update you all on how that goes… (:
Thank you guys so much for reading, and I hope you liked the mini makeup tutorial! Like and/or comment on this post is you would like for me to do more makeup tutorials, and also let me know what other types of articles you all would like to see from me! I love you guys so so much, and until next time…
Kay B xx.